ADE - DIAGNOSTICS AND TREATMENT OF RHEUMATIC DISEASES
Diagnostics and treatment of rheumatic diseases
Academic year 2022/2023
- Course ID
- Prof.ssa Annamaria Iagnocco (Lecturer)
- 4th year
- Teaching period
- To be defined
- Course disciplinary sector (SSD)
- MED/16 - reumatologia
- Type of examination
- Practice test
Sommario del corso
The objectives of the ADE "Diagnostic and Treatment of Rheumatic Diseases (RMDs) are to educate students about the diagnosis and the most update management of RMDs. After a brief introduction on RMDs' pathogenetic and clinical aspects, international guidelines and recommendations on the diagnosis, classification criteria and treatment of RMDs will be discussed. Interactive cinical cases and videos will be presented.
Results of learning outcomes
Diagnose rheumatic diseases and treat patients with these diseases according to the most up-to-date international recommendations.
- Definition of RMDs
- Pathogenesis, Clinical aspects, Diagnosis, Classification Criteria, Management of: rheumatoid arthritis, spondyloarthritis, osteoarthritis, crystal-related arthropathies, polymyalgia rheumatica, fibromialgia, connective tissue diseases
- Discussion of interactive clinical cases
- Mechanisms of actions and indications of NSAIDs, COXIB, glucorticoids, biotecnological drugs in RMDs
- Management International Recommendations
Presentations, videos, interactive clinical cases.
In 2020/21 the course will be delivered virtually on Webex platform.
Learning assessment methods
Discussion of interactive clinical cases with problem solutions.
Multimedial material, videos.
Suggested readings and bibliography
- Education material
- Scientific articles
- EULAR Online Course on Rheumatic Diseases
- EULAR Textbook on Rheumatic Diseases
Maximum number of students: 30
Lessons: dal 16/05/2022 to 17/05/2022
from h. 14:30 to h 19:30